Wednesday 2 July 2014

Getting a 125cc motorcycle

I'm not a driver, when I was 16 I was diagnosed with epilepsy, I don't seem to suffer from it as much as a lot of folks do which is fortunate but even so it comes with plenty of negativity. I can't become a pilot, I can't drive a lorry, I'll be on medication for the rest of my life as a precaution and every time I have a seizure I am disqualified from driving for a year. The one thing that hit me the hardest was the fact that i couldn't join the military, I was led to believe by my tutor that I could and so I decided to take a public service course with the intention of eventually becoming an officer in the royal army military police. Regardless of how I feel about the military now and if i think it would have been the right move, I'll never forget how hard it hit me when i found out.

But the point of this particular blog post is to share my intention of buying a motorcycle, as i said earlier I'm not a driver but I do have a provisional license and this enables me to take my CBT (compulsory basic training) and immediately start riding a 125cc motorcycle.

I hate not being able to get around, or feeling like a mooch relying a friends for a lift whenever we go anywhere because I am unable to repay that favor. Because I am between jobs at the moment, I hope to be working again before the end of the month, a 125 cc motorcycle would provide the perfect way to get around in a very cost effective way.

In fact for what I need a 125cc motorcycle would only cost around £40 a month to run. The 125cc motorcycle with this license does come with some negatives however such as the typical motorcycle downsides of space and safety but also a lack of speed, inability to ride on the motorway, poor acceleration and the need to wear L plates. I will also not be able to carry passengers, I'm a 21 year old who doesn't drink anymore, so I could have came in very useful to my friends at the weekend but alas they will have to walk home from the club.

What are your opinions of 125cc motorcycles or motorcycles in general? I would love to hear from anyone in the comments who can recommend a good bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment